If you are looking for Children’s Painting Ideas – be it new techniques – styles or projects… you have come to the right place!
This month we hosted the 2015 PAINT-A-THON, where 36 incredible bloggers from all over the world added to a GIANT list of painting ideas for kids by sharing their own creations!
I would like to thank all those who contributed!!
Here are our 171 Kids Painting Ideas…
Children love process art – it allows them to create without rules and goals! Without a fixed task – other than ‘to paint,’ …children will relax and enjoy.
Society is so task orientated, it is nice to just create… Often when I am doing this with my own kids I will find myself smearing a color around a surface in circles – aimlessly – in my own dream world… aahh… so relaxing!
- Spray Painting Graffiti // Emma Owl
- Free Painting with Toddlers // Hen Family
- Painting with Wheels Gone BIGGER // Hands on: as we grow
- Outdoor Painting fun with Kids // Peakle Pie
- Painting on Mirrors // One Time Through
- Single color Wet on Wet Watercolor Painting // Rhythms of Play
- Painting with Magnets // Emma Owl
- Guttering Painting // Adventures of Adam
- BIG ART for Preschoolers // P is for Preschooler
- Bubble Wrap Roller Painting // My Bored Toddler
- Spinning Top Painting // In the Playroom
- Milk Caps & Lids Squish Painting // A little Pinch of Perfect.
We love painting without an actual brush in sight! It introduces us to new textures – prints and some ‘DiY’ brushes create the most beautiful paintings! We love making new brushes as much as we enjoy painting with them!
- Painting with Household Items // Moms and Crafters
- 22 Fork Painting Ideas for Kids // Emma Owl
- Paint with Food Stamps // Child Led Life
- How to use Sponge Pouncers // Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Beautiful Foil Fall Painted Tree // Munchkins and Moms
- Beautiful Sponge and Leaf Tree Painting // Welcome to Mommyhood
- Q-Tip Texture Art // Crafty Kids as Home
- Tape Resist Sponge Painting // Crafty Kids at Home
Sensory Painting Experiences
A Painting experience in itself is a full on sensory process – but how much MORE fun is it if we add smells – and textures!
- Painting clouds sensory activity // Study at Home Mama
- Ice Painting // My Bored Toddler
- Muddy Animal Painting // Munchkins and Moms
- Snow Puffy Paint // Kidz Activities
- W is for Wheels Sensory Play // Growing Hands on Kids
Painting With Nature
Sticks – Stones and Leaves sometimes make the best painting accessories!!
- Acorn Painting // Play and Learn Every Day
- Painting Pine Cone Flowers // Emma Owl
- Nature Painting Texture Collage // A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Invitation to paint with Nature // Welcome to Mommyhood
- Leaf Painting // Kidz Activities
Interesting – Unusual – Different and FUN FUN FUN!
Painting Techniques that you just HAVE to try!!
- Shoe Print Craft // Fun Hand Print Art Blog
- Easy Superhero T-Shirt Painting // Teach Me Mommy
- Co-operative Shapes and Colors // Mosswood Connections
- Exploration Painting // Off the Shelf
- Symmetry Painting // JDaniel4s Mom
- Painting the Fruit of the Spirit // For the Love of Dixie
- Partner Painting // The Inspired Treehouse
- Matisse Goldfish // Playground Parkbench
And you have to try these too!!…
- Spin Art Painting // Learning and Exploring through Play
- The Magic of Salt Painting // Artsy Momma
- Shake it Up! // Sunny Day Family
- Build a Painting // Rhythms of Play
- Butterfly Painting Craft // Super Mommy Club
- Pointillism with Acrylics // Something 2 Offer
- OILS and WATERCOLOR // Emma Owl
Paint Recipes – Ideas to make your own Homemade craft materials!
Making your own paint is not only fun – kids love it – but is usually saves a lot of money!!
- Fresh Fruit Paint // Play Dough and Popsicles
- Painting with Paint Dough // Life with Moore Babies
- Spicy Scented Sensory Paint // One Time Through
- DiY Bath Paint // Play Dough and Popsicles
- 66 Homemade Paint Recipes // Emma Owl
- Homemade microwave Puffy Paint // Messy Little Monster
And if that is not enough…
Here are 120 MORE Painting ideas… Have Fun!!