Hello everyone and welcome to our 2016 Paint-A-Thon!
Good to have you here!!!
Do we have a treat for you!!!!!!……
Last year we collected over 170 Painting Ideas for Children, our 2015 Paint-A-Thon was such a success we’re doing it again!!!
This year we bring you 50 AWESOME blogger friends who have all come together to create and paint!!
So…….. here we go……….
READY STEADY PAINT!!
- Ice Cream Painting + Puff Paint Recipe // Emma Owl, Nothing says summer like a bit of art and craft in the form of ice creams! These are great to paint and wonderful to decorate!!!
- The Scream Art Adventure Project // Shena Leonard, This looks like so much fun – kids love this stuff… Have you ever seen that painting The Scream by Edward Munch, this idea is a great adaption of that – who doesn’t like creating art of themselves screaming, right!?!?
- Handprint Painted Peacock // Enrichment Studies, this is a beautiful idea making use of our favorite tools – our hands! You will be surprised at how five fingers make the perfect fanned peacock tail!
- Flower Painted Giraffe // Preschool Powol Packets, yes you heard me correctly you can indeed paint giraffes with flowers – creative and wonderful – easy to set up too!
- Bubble Blown Apple Garland // Teach Me Mommy, just in time for Autumn crafting season, this apple garland is sure to brighten up any room – what a wonderful process for children to explore – painting with bubbles – fun!
- Handprint Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles // Fun Hand Print Art Blog, these guys are sure cute! Children love painting their own hands – the process of using hands to paint never gets boring – especially when their names are Raphael and Leonardo!
- Yarn Resist Painting // Play Dough & Popsicles, wonderful art project that is suitable for kids of all ages! There is no wrong way to do this – only spectacular results!
- Printing Okra with Flowers // Emma Owl, this funny vegetable makes the most beautiful flowers, it is as if they have ‘flowers on the inside!’
- Fingerprint printed Poppies // Enrichment Studies, fingers too make lovely ‘brushes’ and these poppies look great in any garden!
- Dot Painting // Kidz Activities, pointillism at it’s best! Such a wonderful technique to teach children, and of course more than great learning – it’s fun fun fun!!
- Indoor Rain Painting // Crafty Kids at Home, what a great idea – create rain indoors and with that a beautiful pice of art! Strengthens those little hands too!!
- Painting with Crepe Paper // Uno-Zwei-Tutu, yes you can paint with paper! Click to see how to make this spectacular art!
- Sand Toy Painting // Raising Little Superheros, process painting is free and exciting, children love the exploration process. Just imagine painting with all the toys destined for the sand pit!! Interesting!!
- Painting Bones // The Jenny Evolution, this is real bone painting! Such a bright colorful way to embrace nature, these pieces of art are amazing!
- DiY Chalk Paint Recipe // Our Whimsical Days, only 3 ingredients needed to make this fantastic paint at home!
- Leaf Painting // Look We’re Learning, nature art is always such a great idea to make with children, after a nature walk or hunt in the garden, these leaf paintings are perfect for a quiet bit of creativity and color!
- Peacock craft dish brush Painting // Artsy Momma, wonderful bright idea that includes both an interesting painting technique and a great peacock craft making activity!
- Texture Exploration and Nature Made Paintbrushes // Crafty Mama in Me, the best paintbrushes are homemade, especially y those you need to collect in nature!
- Painting with Shells // Our Daily Craft, this is the perfect activity following a day collecting shells on the beach! Nature inspired, these shells make great painting tools!
- Apple Printed T-Shirts // Non Toy Gifts, easy to set up fabric painting idea – great craft activity and they make wonderful t-shirt gifts!
- Three Color Wet-on-Wet Painting // Rhythms of Play, only the primary colors – red, yellow, and blue – are used, and like magic many more colors appear! Great color learning and Art Technique!
- Hand Printed Pumpkins // Craft Create Calm, pumpkin art ideas? Look no further than these super cute little pumpkins!
- Easy Mural Painting // Beyond Mommying, we love big art! Murals are the perfect way to paint wonderful things large scale – this one is fantastic!
- Exploring Paint & Textures // Mosswood Connections, this is a wonderful idea to create your own textured paint – and plaster a picture! Process art and sensory painting combined!
- Potato Print Painting // Clare’s Little Tots, this is a classic and these potato stamps are a wonderful way for children to paint and explore shapes!
- Easy Batik // Emma Owl, this is a fantastic project to do – that looks exactly like batik, yet no hot wax or dye is needed. Great gift Idea!
- Mondrian Tuff Spot Painting // Tuff Spot Play, wonderful idea for a group or solo painting project! It works so well and is such a clever way to explore one of the great artists!
- Crinkled Paper Fall Tree // Play Dough and Popsicles, process art at its best! Great painting technique – makes perfect fall trees!
- Painting James Rizzi Birds // Rubber Boots and Elf Shoes, what a lovely watercolor painting idea! These birds are a must see!!
- Slinky Painting // Fantastic Fun and Learning, this was one of my favorite toys as a child – and now you can paint with them! Great process art activity!
- Tissue Painting Wall Art // 3 Princesses and 1 Dude, painting with paper? Yes you can! This technique is a great way for kids to paint – try something new!
- The Science of Sunsets // Kid Minds, if your children like painting skies (normally they get painted blue) this is a wonderful painting technique to paint a different kind of sky! Who is up for a little sunset watching!
- Salt Painting // Far from Normal, if you have not yet tried painting with salt you should! It is a wonderful technique that children love and you get to create magnificent masterpieces!
- Blow Dart Painting // The Science Kiddo, we love active art and this is a gem!! A fun activity and art in one!
- Easy Acrylic Silhouette // Kid Minds, here is an idea with a simple technique that creates these awesome silhouettes! Small children can do this as the process is both fun and EASY!
- Pig Pen Pudding Painting // Life as Lanhams, including a free printable this painting activity is a great squishing and painting muddy exercise! Looks like fun!
- Citrus Painting // Rhythms of Play, beautiful citrus printing is a wonderful process art idea for children. Stamping citrus prints create lovely designer art!
- Rock Stamping // Emma Owl, what looks like a simple idea is actually a good start to understanding 2D and 3D concepts, try this at home!
- Funky Sand Paint Pictures // Peakle Pie, this is a super idea to create a painting with a texture! Easy sand paint recipe.
Looking for more great painting ideas?…
Here are some of last years top painting ideas! 51 more wonderful bits of painting inspiration for you to have a look through!
- Spray Painting Graffiti // Emma Owl
- Free Painting with Toddlers // Hen Family
- Painting with Wheels Gone BIGGER // Hands on: as we grow
- Outdoor Painting fun with Kids // Peakle Pie
- Painting on Mirrors // One Time Through
- Single color Wet on Wet Watercolor Painting // Rhythms of Play
- Painting with Magnets // Emma Owl
- Guttering Painting // Adventures of Adam
- BIG ART for Preschoolers // P is for Preschooler
- Bubble Wrap Roller Painting // My Bored Toddler
- Spinning Top Painting // In the Playroom
- Milk Caps & Lids Squish Painting // A little Pinch of Perfect.
- Painting with Household Items // Moms and Crafters
- 22 Fork Painting Ideas for Kids // Emma Owl
- Paint with Food Stamps // Child Led Life
- How to use Sponge Pouncers // Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Beautiful Foil Fall Painted Tree // Munchkins and Moms
- Beautiful Sponge and Leaf Tree Painting // Welcome to Mommyhood
- Q-Tip Texture Art // Crafty Kids as Home
- Tape Resist Sponge Painting // Crafty Kids at Home
- Painting clouds sensory activity // Study at Home Mama
- Ice Painting // My Bored Toddler
- Muddy Animal Painting // Munchkins and Moms
- Snow Puffy Paint // Kidz Activities
- W is for Wheels Sensory Play // Growing Hands on Kids
- Acorn Painting // Play and Learn Every Day
- Painting Pine Cone Flowers // Emma Owl
- Nature Painting Texture Collage // A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Invitation to paint with Nature // Welcome to Mommyhood
- Leaf Painting // Kidz Activities
- Shoe Print Craft // Fun Hand Print Art Blog
- Easy Superhero T-Shirt Painting // Teach Me Mommy
- Co-operative Shapes and Colors // Mosswood Connections
- Exploration Painting // Off the Shelf
- Symmetry Painting // JDaniel4s Mom
- Painting the Fruit of the Spirit // For the Love of Dixie
- Partner Painting // The Inspired Treehouse
- Matisse Goldfish // Playground Parkbench
- Spin Art Painting // Learning and Exploring through Play
- The Magic of Salt Painting // Artsy Momma
- Shake it Up! // Sunny Day Family
- Build a Painting // Rhythms of Play
- Butterfly Painting Craft // Super Mommy Club
- Pointillism with Acrylics // Something 2 Offer
- OILS and WATERCOLOR // Emma Owl
- Fresh Fruit Paint // Play Dough and Popsicles
- Painting with Paint Dough // Life with Moore Babies
- Spicy Scented Sensory Paint // One Time Through
- DiY Bath Paint // Play Dough and Popsicles
- 66 Homemade Paint Recipes // Emma Owl
- Homemade microwave Puffy Paint // Messy Little Monster
We have also included – just in case you don’t have paint EVERYWHERE already – kids painting ideas from all the bloggers who are taking part this year. Here are their ideas, ‘painting thingies’ they have created and inspired in the past!!