mmmmmmm What smells better than freshly baked apple pie play dough!!!
Are you looking for play dough that is a little different to the ones you normally play with?
This recipe contains NO salt and NO flour!
Once ready, I kneaded in some cinnamon and all spice – for a GREAT apple pie smell!!
I was really happy when Emma picked it up and said, “it smells like cake.”
This recipe is absolutely silky smooth and soft – I love it!!
A little more sticky than our old faithful Best Play Dough In the World, but really worth making some for a change!!
Here is the recipe:
2 cups baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
1 cup corn flour (corn starch / mazina)
1.5 cups water
1 Table Spoon vegetable Oil
Food coloring – we used red
1 Tablespoon cinnamon + 1 Tablespoon All spice (cake spice / Christmas spice)
Apple Pie Play Dough Instructions:
- Add all the ingredients to a pot – except the spices, the spices get added last when kneading!
- If you would like to add food coloring – add it to the water before you start cooking – it is so much easier this way – rather than kneading in at the end!
- Stir well before cooking. The corn flour will initially be hard to stir, but it will all come together and turn into a runny liquid.
- Put it onto the stove and cook until it turns into a thick mush – and becomes really hard to stir.
- It will still be a little more sticky than the play dough will end up once it is cooled and kneaded.
- Set aside for a few minutes and knead when cool enough to touch.
- At this point if you would like to add an apple pie scent – then add in the spice and knead further.
All that is left to do now is play!!
This play dough can be stored in a plastic zip lock bag in the fridge.
Looking for more Play Dough Inspiration?
- Printing onto play dough with dry spices
- Oranges and Lemons – no cook play dough – Citrus sensory play
- The Best play dough in the world – lasts for MONTHS!!
- Glitter Play Dough
- Pretend Play ‘Cooking’ with play dough
- Ice Cream Shop Play Dough
- Kool Aid Play Dough – Strawberry & Lime !!! mmmmm smells nice!!
Join us on Facebook!
We share 100’s of Children’s Art and Craft + Play + Activities + Food Ideas – Every Day!