We adore play dough and have made more recipes than the number of stars!
However, we keep on coming back to this one!
It really is: The best play dough in the world!!
1. It is super soft and does not go sticky.
2. It is cheap to make with ingredients you most likely have already.
3. It lasts for MONTHS when stored in a zip lock in the fridge!
Play Dough Recipe:
This makes a big tennis ball size…
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- food coloring
Play Dough Method:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a big pot and then put it onto the stove – medium heat!
- At first the mixture is quite runny, but after a few minutes on the stove it forms a dough.
- Keep string continuously, make sure to stir the bottom of the pot so it does not burn.
- In about 2 minutes your mixture will be like dough.
- Take it out, allow it to cool and knead like bread a few times.
- Divide the dough into as many colors as you want and add food coloring!
- Food coloring goes a long way – so start off with a tiny amount (a tooth pick tip)
When we get to the end of the play dough – as in ‘it is getting old and this is the last time we are going to play with it…” we “cook” with it…
You can even add glitter!!!