I love Process Art! It allows children to explore with materials and forms and textures without having any specific end result in mind… other than to just do!
I have found some interesting process art ideas, and you have been warned – there is a lot of love here!! Hearts everywhere!
Some of these ideas require a little (non process art) help – sometimes cutting out a heart before or after, making a heart shaped stamp before hand or putting things together at the end.
I have tried to stay true to the freedom to ‘just do’ however by collecting ideas that may require a task onto a heart shape, but the painting or sticking or collecting is open ended and free.
Children of every age should be encouraged to try and experiment and create with process art ideas! It is especially good if you are looking for art and craft ideas with younger children…
- Watercolor and Coffee Filter Heart // Fun – A – Day
- Paper Strip Hearts // Housing a Forest
- Heart Shaped Printing // Emma Owl
- Tissue Paper Bleeding Resist Art // The Imagination Tree
- Tissue Paper Window Art // Happy Hooligans
- Heart Print for Valentine’s Day // Mini Monets and Mommies
- Heart Resist Art // Mama.Papa.Bubba
- Hearts at the Easel // Teach Preschool
- Heart Glue Suncatchers // Where Imagination Grows
- Window Clings // Sugar Aunts
- Painted Doilies // Putti’s World
- Marbled Hearts // Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
- Sticky Suncatcher Craft // Growing A Jeweled Rose
- Framed Button Heart // Carrie Elle
- Cosmic Hearts // I Heart Art n Crafts
- Cookie Cutter Valentine’s Art // A Scoop of Sherbet
- Potato Stamp Gift Cards // Leigh Laurel Studios
- Tissue Bleed Valentine’s // Powerful Mothering
- Heart Stamping // Rust & Sunshine
- Valentine’s Garland // Crafty Morning
Hope you found some inspiration to create and paint and stick!
Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!